Improvements to Introductory Letter

 Dear Professor Blackstone,

Have you run a half-marathon before? Let me tell you about my experience. I ran a half-marathon back in July of 2023. It was my life goal for the longest time, and I was determined to complete it. Achieving this dream was challenging and only I could lift the bedsheets at 7am and step out of bed to train. I had to be the one taking the effort, building the foundations of running. Likewise, when it comes to communication skills, it is solely my responsibility to step out of my comfort zone and establish to foundations for effective communication. This is a goal i aspire to accomplish through this module. 

Having entered Singapore Institute of Technology (SIT) in 2023, I am majoring in civil engineering. Like other students in SIT, I graduated from Ngee Ann Polytechnic with a Diploma in Civil Engineering. My interest in engineering developed back in secondary school. Observing workers carry out road works on the way home made me intrigued and sparked an interest in construction. My interest furthered as I stumbled upon many great feats of engineering such as the Burj Khalifa skyscraper in Dubai.

Growing up as a talkative kid, I was never afraid to ask questions. This became a habit and is one of my communication strengths. However, I do have areas of weakness that could be improved on through this module, primarily my command of English. My English can be quite weak at times as I am used to speaking in Singlish at home or with my friends. I tend to make grammatical mistakes and use the wrong vocabulary when giving formal presentations. Just as how I was committed to improve my stamina while training for my half-marathon, I hope to improve on my weaknesses as I go through this module under your guidance.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Muhammad Mudzakkir Bin Muhammed

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog