Final Reflection

Module learning:

As I come to an end of the critical thinking and communication module, it is time for me to reflect on how the learning process has been and how I have improved in my communicating and critical thinking skills. As an outcome from this module, I set a few goals I would like to achieve.

One of the main primary goals set  was to improve in my communication skills. Growing up, I tend to be nervous when speaking as I make grammatical mistakes often. I aim to be a better presenter that can capture the attention of my audience as well as be engaging for them. Professor Blackstone taught us the basics on public speaking and accessed us individually on our strength and weaknesses. This allowed me to understand my weaknesses when it comes to public speaking ensuring that I iron out these mistakes as I move though this module.

I was also passionate in improving my writing skills. Coming into university made me realise that the ability to write well is important to be able to portray any ideas I have easily on paper in a way that is understandable and memorable. Through this module, I learned many ways to write better. Whether it be in a technical sense such as reference formatting using APA format improving my word use to be able to portray ideas clearly. I intend to further develop these skills as I go through university life by practicing what I have learned and further improving on them. By remembering these lessons on writing skills, I can ensure that they will not go the waste in the future.

 

Project learning:

Through the research project for both our technical report and reader response, I have enhanced my research skills significantly. I acquired the ability to conduct thorough research by utilising platforms such as Google Scholar and the SIT library database. Furthermore, I have developed proficiency in identifying credible and reliable sources, which are essential for improving my research skills. This experience made me appreciate the utilisation of the internet in accessing a vast array of information across various platforms. Moreover, it has enabled me to the differentiate reliable and unreliable sources, prompting me to refine my approach to source evaluation.

Additionally, I have cultivated teamwork skills through collaborative engagement in the research project. By actively participating in team discussions, I have grasped the fundamentals of collaborative work. Our team exchanged ideas, continuously refining our main concept to enhance its quality. Furthermore, we fostered comfortable space where we can give constructive criticism freely, aid one another in error identification and offer feedback to facilitate improvement. This experience has allowed me to enhance my teamwork skills and become a more effective team member. I gained insight into the fundamentals of collaborative teamwork and learned how to improve in this aspect. These skills will undoubtedly prove valuable as I transition into the professional world.

Comments

  1. Thank you very much, Mudz, for this well crafted, detailed reflection.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog